In Singapore, they are called "Sarong Party Girls" (SPG's), because before the advent of manufactured clothing these women were often too poor to wear anything other than a sarong, which offered easy access to the lascivious white rajahs wishing to find purchase.

I understand your angst, DMan, but could you please spare a bit of empathy? We all try to find love for our own reasons. If there is such a thing as "true love" it is an ideal to strive for - at least in my life. Perhaps this dream is too out of reach for others. Marrying an older white man may be the easiest or only way out of China for many of your acquaintances, and maybe that, more than love, is what they want most in their life. Who are we to say? Why is marrying for money or passports still an act worthy of contrition, when a third (or whatever) of marriages end in divorce anyway?

And, by the way, not all of these couples get divorced. Some raise happy families with a much better existence (education, housing, medical care) than they could have otherwise dreamed of. This is why brown women continue to be courted by older white men. Another fact is that the men in their own cultures may not treat them so hot either: Asian wives are often forbidden from working outside the home; neither do white men have a monopoly on domestic violence or divorce.

Perhaps you should be ranting about the white MEN who take advantage of young, naive women. You could talk about the married ones who take girlfriends, and lie about their wives and children back home. Talk about how these guys like SPGs because they are supposedly more compliant, thinner, tighter. Don't rag on us females.