Elijah Price:
It's hard for many people to believe that there are extraordinary things inside themselves, as well as others.
I hope you can keep an open mind.

Introduction:

What the...? Nobody noded the plot yet? Time to change that. Unbreakable was written and directed by M. Night Shyamalan, with the two lead roles played by Bruce Willis and Samuel L. Jackson. I must say that I really enjoyed the movie, the actors lay down solid performances and the writing and directing is powerful as well.

Premise:

What if there is a true part to human fiction, if comic books were exaggerated reflections of the collective subconscious knowledge of mankind? What if there really were superheroes, men with special powers, to protect the innocent? What if they didn't know about it?

Plot:

Elijah's Mother: They say this one has a surprise ending.

David Dunn (Willis) is unhappily married man. Although he loves his wife and son, he wakes up every morning with an unexplainable sadness und feeling of unfulfilledness. But when he is the sole survivor of a terrible train wreck, his world changes. He get's a message from Elijah Price (Jackson), a man whose bones shatter like glass, who claims to have been looking for a man like Dunn for all his life, believing him to be "the opposide end of the same curve". So if he is unbreakable, Willis must be invincible, a man with special powers, put on this earth to protect others. Dunn, naturally, fails to believe him, and considers him to be just another crackpot. But some questions Price asked continue to dwell on his mind...

An no, I won't give away the ending in this wu, even though this deprives me of the use of one of my favorite quotes from the movie. It's a pity some of the wu's above were rather careless and gave it away, IMHO...