This 1999 Thriller/Drama written and directed by M. Night Shyamalan not only broke multiple box office records, but it will forever be analyzed, talked about, and praised by movie fans everywhere. After the first initial viewing, most viewers were left in awe thanks to the powerful way that Night had told the story.

Bruce Willis (in my favourite role of his to date) stars as Malcolm Crowe, a child psychologist trying to deal with not only his past, but his faltering relationship with his wife, Anna (Olivia Williams). Cole Sear (protrayed by the amazing Haley Joel Osment), the young boy whom he meets and tries to help and as probably everybody in the world knows, can "see dead people." Cole's mother, Lynn (Toni Collette) has an emotional role as a supporting character, the movie would be incomplete without her contribution to this wonderful story.

The cinematic ride revolves around the 4 central charaters, relying heavily upon the relationships of Malcolm and Anna, Cole and Malcolm, and Lynn and Cole. Although shafted at the Oscars, this movie deserves every bit of credit it has and has not received. It is definitely one of my favourites.

The Sixth Sense - 1999 - Directed by M. Night Shyamalan

Running time: 107 minutes. Rated PG-13 by the MPAA.

Special features:

This DVD was loaded with stuff. It took me a long time just to watch it all. And the movie rocked too.

Region 1 - Back to DVD Reviews...

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.