Yes, it's sad, but true - this is my last WU required for Level 4, and I'm putting in a Daylog. I had every intention on making my final 1/2 dozen all C!-worthy nodes, and managed that for about 8/10 of them, but added in a couple that weren't picked up - obviously not worth it, so have given it up.

The 24th was a Saturday, and I'm noding this (today is actually Monday 26th) as this was one of the more interesting days of my week.

I worked at the café, and had an interesting experience which I have noded elsewhere. That night, we had all the people from a local off-roading competition which we were the sponsors for, come in for their prize-giving. There were about 80-100 of them, and it was absolute madness. They all wanted to eat, and there were also quite a few casual diners coming in off the street. We ended up running out of food by about 8:30pm - we were cleaned out! A big night financially, but all that money goes again today as we restock for this week.

As well as that function, some idiot had organised another function for that night - the indoor netball team whom we also sponsor. The trouble with this is that most of the team is made up of cross-dressers. Now this is normally not a problem, but you have a room full of dirty, red-neck off roaders, and then bring in a whole bunch of feminine, cross-dressing males, and you've got a recipe for disaster.

As we had closed the café early, we went home and showered and got changed, then went back to enjoy a couple of beers. Most of the off-roaders had left thankfully, but the doormen were looking a bit frazzled, having broken up many near fights, and cooled off a few arguments.

What a night!

We got home at about 3am, and I did a bit of work until 4am, before going to bed. I got up the next morning for Sunday at the café at about 7:30.

The moral of the story: When double-booking functions, be aware of the people-types you'll get. Don't mix oil with rose-water.