With one week left to vote on writeups entered in Lost Gems of Yesteryear, I thought it was high time for an update.

347 total new votes (+310 / 37-) have been cast on the writeups submitted to the Quest.

The top gainers in net reputation so far are Panama Hat, Love your enemies, and When life gives you lemons, grab it by the throat and demand better. Hot on their heels come Twenty-three good things about pickles and dirt, lateral fricative, I worked at summer camp, and all I got was this lousy case of gangrene, What do you say to Michael Crichton?, and Boris Karloff.

The overall change in reputation looks like this (two symbols per writeup (><) to make it look nice):

12|><
11|
10|><><
 9|><><><><><
 8|><><
 7|><><><><><><
 6|><><><><
 5|><><><><><><><><><><
 4|><><><><><><><
 3|><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><
 2|><><><><><><><><><><><><><><
 1|><><><><><><
 0|><><><><
-1|><><
  +--------------------------------
  0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 
                      0 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Where the Y axis is net reputation change , and the X axis is number of writeups at that value. As a table:
Δ rep		# writeups
 -1 		   2
  0 		   4
  1 		   6
  2 		  14
  3 		  15
  4 		   7
  5 		  10
  6 		   3
  7 		   6
  8 		   2
  9 		   5
 10 		   2
 11 		   0
 12 		   1

In terms of who is "winning" the Quest, I think it's the readers of e2, of course. But in terms of possible prizes, the top promoter is the relentless shaogo, followed by Myrkabah, junkill, and myself.

These writeups have had the least change (zero or one vote) during the Quest: Run like you are six, The One-Boobed Systyrs of the Apocalypse, No one can be unhappy with a fresh box of crayons, and Why strapping buttered toast to a cat's back will not produce infinite power.

These writeups have the fewest overall votes of the submitted writeups: Safe Passage Through the Night, The Great Figure, runner's road rage, Alaskan Independence Party, What do moths do during the day?, and Aubade.

These writeups have the most overall votes of the submitted writeups: A message from sensei, Do you remember how small your body was when you were five?, So this one-legged man walks into a bar, How did I get here, Sarah?, Why strapping buttered toast to a cat's back will not produce infinite power, and How to assassinate a third world despot with only a butt plug and a litre of raspberry coulis.

Admin note: One submitted writeup was removed from e2 by its author, dropping the total number of writeups in play to 77.

Then three new writeups were added to the roster today: pile of kittens by that girl, I suggest you dance. If you need a reason, I'm sorry. by Hatshepsut, and Touch the Puppy by theonomist, bringing the total number of writeups in play to 80. These three are not included in the above stats.