1. Michael Crawford became famous in the TV comedy Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em (1973-1975, and 1978), playing Frank Spencer, a bumbling and ineffectual clot who did terrific slapstick routines (he did all his own hair-raising stunts) and couldn't get a job for more than a day wihout leaving large piles of wreckage and a few nervous breakdowns in his wake.

He wore a beret, his catchphrase was a limp "Ooh, Betty" to his wife (Betty was played by Michelle Dotrice), and occasionally he tried and failed to exert his authority by asserting "I'm a man!". They did however -- somehow -- have a daughter Jessica.

The first reaction of most people on hearing that someone called Michael Crawford was going to appear in a musical was probably, "Not the Michael Crawford? Not Frank Spencer? But he's not a singer, is he?".


2. Dr Michael Crawford is a scientist at the Institute of Brain Chemistry and Human Nutrition in London. In his 1989 book The Driving Force: Food, Evolution and the Future he presented significant evidence in favour of the Aquatic Ape Theory, principally that the modern human brain is unlikely to have developed on a savannah diet, but could have found the long-chain fatty acids it is built from easily in the seafood of a littoral environment.