Sometimes you sit and stare at E2 and you wish you could node something, and then you get shitty news. I went to www.fark.com to kill some time and laugh at some silly stories and then I became saddened. There was a link to an article at iWon news saying that Megadeth was officially breaking up as a band. Hoping that this was a late April Fools joke I scoped out Megadeth.com and sure enough, the band is dissolving.

Megadeth is breaking up due to nerve damage in Dave Mustaine's left hand and arm. Dave suffered a compressed radial nerve sometime during the first week of January, 2002. Mustaine is rehabbing his arm and hand in hopes that he can play guitar again, hopefully in a year’s time. As of right now he can no longer play the guitar, the devastating Flying V that he has made his standard axe. I can only imagine the pain he must have felt when all this happened.

Megadeth has had an illustrious run. Megadeth has produced 10 studio albums, a live double cd, 7 Grammy nominations for best metal performance, not to mention a place in every metal fans music collection. Megadeth has affected me personally. The only way I stayed sane after my ex-girlfriend, who I was dearly in love with, broke up with me on Martha's Vineyard (in front of her friends) was due to the Megadeth concert I saw the next day. I've been a fan for the past 7 years. I've seen them rise to fame, fall from fame, only to get famous and fade again. My only wish is that I could write such a great and powerful band a better epitaph.


sources:
www.megadeth.com
www.fark.com
http://apnews1.iwon.com/article/20020404/D7IM3CJO0.html