Node of mine that you should read
Nodes/Writeups that I intend to write when I get a chance (if you want to see something, msg me and I'll bump it up the list):
- Brown Park my home disc golf course
- Lrrr Futurama character from Omicron Persei 8
- Finite State Transducer I'm surprised it isn't here
- Dublin, OH my hometown
- Brother aka Aniki the movie by Takeshi Kitano
- Audition the Japanese film and the guy who directed it
- User-Agent add a more descriptive definition other than the header
- Use PNG instead of GIF
- snake shot a little foosball how-to
- finite language
- G4 Cube gotta add my input as an owner
- empty language might need another writeup for language as well
- proper subset & proper superset
- Ryoko Tamura
Nodes that should be written, but not necessarily by me
- Allen Newell AI legend, Nobel prize winner
- Army Rangers a pitiful shell
- Juilliard School of Drama or just Juilliard
- The Big Fix the movie
- Jack Hanna the ex-Zookeeper of the Columbus, Ohio zoo
/msg me if you write any of them so I can take them off the list
users whose catalogs I intend to read
users whose catalogs I have read and are worth reading
A little 〈jikoshoukai〉
if you want to know everything about me (or are interested in hearing some of the music I node about), I suggest http://umich.edu/~baumanj.
I think of myself primarily in three capacities (not in order of importance):
- student of computers
- fortunate fool with a girlfriend better than he deserves
- perpetually unable to satisfactorily complete lists of 3 items
Some of My Cherished Praise
- 2002.07.07@21:58 $ liveforever says re deep link: Good writeup!
- 2002.07.08@14:16 BlueDragon says re How to floss: Excellent - interesting, informative and FUN :-)
- 2002.07.09@02:38 @ dannye says Sorry, after looking at your work, I realize you don't need a mentor1. What do you need?
- 2002.07.09@05:57 TheBooBooKitty says That looks great! …
- 2002.07.09@10:49 $ liveforever says re Mandy Patinkin: Good one. I've always liked Mandy Patinkin.
- 2002.07.10@14:35 Shro0m says re How to catch a bat: sweet :-)
- 2002.11.05@08:27 momomom says re How to catch a bat : very nicely done, especially with courtesy to the bat! I've never had to catch a bat but I do use similar methods to catch spiders and stinging things in the house. I especially like the chair by the door tip and the shade release care.
cut and paste writeups that have been C!ed (instead of dying)
- Conan O'Brien's Commencement Speech for the Harvard Class of 2000
- Pooh Goes Apeshit
- Are Habits Genetic?
- The The Impotence of Proofreading
- The Candle: Harmless Waxy Thing or INSTRUMENT OF SATAN???
- virtues of a good programmer
- Moore's Law
- rm -rf /
- People who don't smoke will never die
- Aspects of American Society That May Be New to You
- Shoe Goo
Diary of my progress as an everythingian
I have chosen to decline XP for voting
I suggest you do the same. Vote dumping does not improve the system. Vote on a writeup because it moves you (positively or negatively). Node Reputation should correspond more closely to quality. Being an XP Pimp is just as bad as being an XP Whore. You put in the effort to get to level 2: with great power comes great responsibility.
If you're fulfilling your next-level writeup requirement before your XP requirement, your writeups should be better. You're not Pseudo_Intellectual2, let the community take care of the quantity. Focus on quality.
Finally, I don't think using up all your votes merits XP. I like XP as much as the rest of you, and I try to use it to gauge the quality of my writeups without getting too emotionally involved. However, I think node-fu doesn't mean as much if you've got XP from voting in the equation. I suppose you could always calculate your writeup node-fu instead, but who needs that extra XP?. So, my node-fu may not be as impressive as some, and I don't think I'll ever make everything's best users as a result, but I know I earned my node-fu.
If you have any thoughts on this (positive or negative), I'd love to hear them; /msg me.
...and please don't downvote this. Oh, wait.
28 /|\ | | C | | | | | | | | C w | | | | | C | w | w w w w w | C C w w | w = = = = | w = w wwwww= = w | = w w www here's where I was busy 0+---w====-=-===w-wwww======================================-=-==> now | \|/ 0
How do I protect my sighting of Elvis?Copyright law does not protect sightings. However, copyright law will protect your photo (or other depiction) of your sighting of Elvis. Just send it to us with a Form VA application and the $30 filing fee. No one can lawfully use your photo of your sighting, although someone else may file his own photo of his sighting. Copyright law protects the original photograph, not the subject of the photograph.
- This really isn't true. I was bugging gn0sis to be my mentor at that very moment.
- Unless of course, you are. (Hi Rowan!)