This sounds like a good idea, and I applaud George Dorn for suggesting it.
However, I have issues with two of the points:

I will begin with the lowest dosage...
I will measure the drug carefully...
It is not possible for the typical person to accurately promise this.
One of the effects of the War On Some Drugs is that the ultimate consumer can have no assurance that the substance e is ingesting is what it purports to be, nor any recourse if it isn't. Indeed, much of the physical damage inflicted upon the user, and which then foments horror stories, is traceable to the product being impure (laced, cut, or a total impostor). This happens not only through accidents of manufacture, but because it is in the best interests of the producer (wrt legal risks) to pass off a substitute if he can get away with it, and of the distributor (wrt his profit) to dilute it.
Even though someone might say that there is sometimes a slight benefit from this, in that the addiction potential may be decreased relative to the drug in its pure form, the fact is that addiction is not intrinsically harmful, and I would disagree that that balances the dangers posed by some of the contaminants that we see on the street.
I will take responsibility for the drug use of others....
You cannot be responsible for the actions of another, but I applaud your presumed promise to try to get them to stop if they take their use to a dangerous level.