Daily Rituals of the Pharaoh

If you read the pyramids node, it mentions the ancient Egyptian's pharaoh performed several rituals to ensure stability in the universe with the stars and this node explains the ancient Egyptians fascination with the stars. Anyway, order and stability were a gift from the gods. For example, the Pharaoh performed a ritual every morning before the crack of dawn that ensured the sun would rise and fall everyday.

Ancient Egyptians believed the sun traveled around the earth every day and during the night it was making it's journey through the underworld. So before the earliest light, the pharaoh and all his highest priests would meet in a special room where the pharaoh would take a fetish called a "ben-ben" that was a small pyramid-shaped stone. The sun god Ra would enter this and the pharaoh would help him on that journey. You could think of this sort of like Voodoo (although Voodoo has been horribly misenterpretated over the years), where they re-enact things on a small scale to cause it to happen on a large scale through-out the land. Although the one big difference is that the Egyptians didn't believe they were just acting out the motions or putting on a little play. They believed that it actually happened during the ritual they performed; that Ra actually did enter the small pyramid stone. The word "fetish" has a completely different meaning to archaeologists. If you look up the word in a dictionary you will see the meaning "representation" which is true but when the pharaoh believes he actually coaxes a god into his little stone, it has a different meaning.

A couple other things the pharaoh did to bring success to Egypt: well, armies did not win wars. The pharaoh did. The military success of Egypt was supposedly linked to the king directing the appropriate energy to the army and giving them the strength to win. Everyone was born with this energy, it's just that the king had much, much more of it. Also, the king and his high priests kept a "secret garden". He kept the garden very carefully protected and well tended to. This was to ensure the agricultural growth of Egypt.

So, you see the King was not just a lazy bum who sad around eating grapes all day. He worked very hard, got up very early, and thought he was important. Everybody else thought he was important too. The very fact that he was thought of as important is important itself. Without forms of massive communication it was very difficult to get the word around everywhere. Even having people read hand-written messages aloud in every town was very effective or efficient. And with such a huge empire that grew constantly, how would keep up a feeling of comradery throughout the empire? Well, basically Egypt was run on rumors; the rumors that the King was winning wars and helping everyone farm. Last but not least, he was the reason the sun rose and set everyday! Also, after working on the king's pyramid every single flood season, people got used to getting things from the government and eventually the government was taxing the people so much that it had a huge surplus. So it redistributed around the kingdom. It continued this practice until basically you gave the government everything you had and people became completely reliant on the government for food. You couldn't survive as a farmer without your food regiment from the government.

Now let's go back to the pharaoh's sun ritual. Now even further back to the legend of how the world was created. Why use the pyramid stone to represent Ra? Before the creation of the world, there was only darkness, except for the primordial waters called "nun" and the creator god "Amen" (who was later fused with Ra to become Amen-Ra) created himself from the nun. Then a mound of dirt arose from the waters and light came from it. So the pyramid is either this mound of dirt that rose out of the nun or the pyramid could represent the light from the sun (sun=Ra). You can visualize a sun at the point at the top of the pyramid. In fact, pyramids used to have granite capstones (they looked like they were gold but they were just painted with gold powder mixed in with some liquid) that would shine brightly from the early morning light until the sun set in the evening. This could definitely be a representation of the sun. And if you look on the back side of a one dollar bill you a pyramid with a huge eye on top of it. What's coming out of the eye? Rays of light!

I repeat if you look at the pyramid node, it shows a few examples of the shape of the pyramid being used as a modern-day "ben-ben".

An Original Work of BigHoliday.