Vulva



The exterior organs of the female genitalia.

Mons pubis
The mound of fatty issue below the navel on the pubic symphysis that produces hair during puberty. Sometimes, for females it's known as the mons veneris.

Labia
The structures surrounding the vaginal opening. The name is derived from Latin for lips. The size, shape, and color all depend on the woman, varying with the individual, and can be very sensitive to touch and pressure.
Anterior/Posterior Labial commissure
- The points where the lips surrounding the vaginal opening come together in the front and back.
Labia Majora
- The outer lips of fatty tissue with pubic hair that has coalesced from the mons veneris and converges at the perineum.
Labia Minora
- The inner lips that consists of folds of skin that differ in shape and size for most women. Closest to the vaginal opening and will stretch very easily to allow for birth of a child.

Pudendal cleft
Also known as the cleft of Venus, the fissure between the labia minora running from the mons pubis to the posterior labial commissure.

Clitoris
The clitoris is a sexual sensory organ nestled between the labia minora and it's very, very sensitive. It provides stimulation towards invoking the orgasmic phenomenon, which takes finding the right contact based on the particular woman's reaction.
clitoral glans
- An extremely sensitive button, located at the top of the pudendal cleft; blood gorges the tissue during arousal and the glans becomes hard.
Prepuce
- (Clitoral hood) A protective covering of skin over the clitoral glans, similar to the foreskin covering the tip of the penis in males.
Frenulum
- The section underneath the clitoral glans restricting its movement.
Crura
- Subcutaneous bands connecting to the Ischiocavernosus muscle helping to keep the vagina tense.

Vestibular fossa
Inside the fissure of the pudendal cleft. Starts at the base of the frenulum and runs to the posterior labial commissure.

Urethral orifice
Located below the clitoris and above the vaginal opening, this is exit to the body's bladder.
Paraurethral duct
- (Skene's gland) Membrane in the urethral canal homologous with the prostate in the male, releases fluids during orgasm and is said to be the cause of squirting in some females.

Vaginal opening
Wonderful structure that's firm enough to work the ejaculate from the penis, yet can stretch to the extent not to crush a baby's head. Once was the only passage into this world, now the human race can bare their children using test tubes.
Hymen
- Little piece of skin that usually is torn before sexual intercourse. A normal hymen is crescent moon shaped and doesn't cover the vaginal opening completely. An imperforate hymen is a membrane completely covering the vaginal opening and doesn't allow the blood to drain. The blood must drain back into the body causing a great deal of pain.
Greater vestibular glands
(Bartholin glands) Two mucus glands located in the deep structures of the perineum, in the superficial perinal pouch. Provides lubrication to allow for the insertion of the penis when aroused.

Perineum
The smooth section of skin between the genitalia and anus. This is the last of the vulva, and usually is the boundary for women squirrelly about their asses being played with.

Vul"va (?), n. [L. vulva, volva, from volvere to roll.]

1. Anat.

The external parts of the female genital organs; sometimes, the opening between the projecting parts of the external organs.

2. Zool.

The orifice of the oviduct of an insect or other invertebrate.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.