One of the many gimmicks wrestler Ray Traylor has wrestled under, and undoubtedly his most successful. He was brought in by Vince McMahon to the WWF in 1988 from the NWA, where he was known as Big Bubba Rogers. The Big Boss Man character was based on Ray's former occupation of a prison guard in Cobb County, GA, and was dressed in a prison guard uniform (blue shirt, black pants with yellow stripes running down the sides).

He started his WWF career with a massive feud between him and Hulk Hogan that started with him beating the living shit out of Hogan with his trusty nightstick on the Brother Love Show. Managed by the Doctor of Style Slick, he would later team up with fellow bad gimmick Akeen the African Dream as the Twin Towers. After a falling out with Akeem and Slick he turned babyface, a move that seemed almost inevitable given his growing popularity despite being portrayed as a psychotic prison guard.

His next major feud was with Bobby "The Brain" Heenan in an angle where Heenan made repeated derogatory barbs towards the Big Boss Man's mother. Boss Man would get his revenge on Heenan and his "family" of wrestlers which was to have ended with Boss Man facing Ravishing Rick Rude for the Intercontinental title until Rude left for WCW.

His last two major feuds in the WWF were with "The Mountie" Jacques Rougeau that ended with a killer Jailhouse Match at Summerslam '91, and with Nailz, a former inmate out for revenge that ended up with a disappointing weapon on a pole match on Survivor Series '92.

Leaving in '93 to rejoin the NWA, now WCW, he continued wrestling as a vague copy of his WWF gimmick as The Boss(Man, is he Big!) before the WWF threated to sue, so WCW ran an ridiculous angle where the commissionner at the time Nick Bockwinkel stripped Ray Traylor of the "Boss" gimmick. He went on to wrestle as a Guardian Angel and as his old incarnation, Big Bubba Rogers.

Big Boss Man made a brief return to the WWF in 1998-99 as a member of Vince McMahon's Corporation group, and was a key player in two of the most disasterous angles in those two years, one being the feud with The Big Show that had him dragging Big Show's father's casket around the graveyard in a Cadillac and the "Kennel From Hell" match against Al Snow, which was a cage match with the Hell in a Cell cage on top and four vicious dogs encircling the ring. The less said about those two angles, the better.

The last time Boss Man was seen on WWF television was in the locker room with the entire WWF (now known as WWE) roster during the first WWE brand extension draft. After that he retired from active ring competition and became a trainer for the WWE developmental territory OVW. Ray Traylor died on September 23, 2004 from a massive heart attack at the relatively young age of 42.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.