While individuals with philosophy degrees tend not to find employment in the field of philosophizing, they do on average end up earning more per year than those possessing any other degree due to the facilities of critical thinking and lateral thinking instilled into them during their philosophical indoctrination. So who's laughing now?

"My father is a policeman, so if I ask him to he'll arrest you!"

"Oh yeah? My father is a fireman; he can burn down your house!"

"My father is a doctor; he'll give you a horrible skin disease!"

"Well,

My father has a Ph. D. in Philosophy, so if he says you don't exist then you won't exist!"

So there!

You improve humanity with it. You contribute to society with your love of knowledge and grasp of wisdom. All knowledge is precious.

  1. We are a part of the universe and are therefor inseparable from it.
  2. Assuming this is true, when we learn about the universe we are indirectly learning about ourselves.
  3. This makes all learning treasured, especially Philosophy, which can have direct connections to humanity. (As opposed to Theoretical Physics which may take some time to link back to everyday life.)
  4. Take what you know and spread it.
  5. Take your love of wisdom and spread that so that not only can you teach, but teach others to teach.
  6. Rest easy knowing that you're doing your part to make the world a better place. In the end our examined lives will pay off and our children may live better lives.

Knowledge is beyond value.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.