Garrrhhh! Gr-r-r -- there go, my heart's abhorrence . . .

A.J. Ayer.
T.S. Eliot.
A.J. Weberman.
A.J. Crowley.

And a cast of thousands, as far as I can tell. Whadda they all have in common? No space between the initials! None, not a trace!

What's with that?

It's really annoying.


Shanoyu: What exception to what rule? The relevance of Lee Harvey Oswald is obscure to me. Perhaps you could explain how he came into it?
As dem bones said in Pick Titles Carefully, node titles for person should be using the person's full name, with a dot to the middle initials, if any. So, William S. Burroughs is the preferred form of node title.

William S. Burroughs will be found by E2 Search for "William" or "Burroughs".

However, since "." is not an E2 Search Special Character, a node title of W.S.Burroughs will not be found when searching for "William" or "Burroughs"{1}.

Fortunately the examples: A.J. Ayer, T.S. Eliot, A.J. Weberman and A.J. Crowley, all have a space before the surname. Hence an E2 Search by the surnames would find the nodes. So, it may excusable if the noder really did not know the first name of the person.

{1} That is until The Administration add "." to the E2 Search Special Character and/or allows substring E2 Search.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.