Sweet Valley Twins is a series of books by Francine Pascal.
There are, I guess in a way 4 or should I say 5 Or 6 diffrent series becuse there is Sweet Valley Twins, Sweet Valley Twins and Friends, Sweet Valley High, Sweet Valley Kids, And their is also super chillers on Sweet Valley High , Sweet Valley Twins and Friends and Sweet Valley twins , and the chillers may count as a series. They are very stupid yet somehow kind of addictive.

The Sweet Valley Twins provide a sterling instrument to understand the world around us. Not the books, the actual twins themselves. The twins are Elizabeth and Jessica, blond, smart and active. Beyond that, however, they are opposites.

  • Elizabeth is sensitive and literary, and likes poetry and saving the children. She is a good student and always cares about others around her.
  • Jessica is materialistic and gossipy, and is constantly involved in schemes to either sustain and improve her popularity. Her main concerns are clothing, boys and parties.

So basically, after reading enough Sweet Valley Twins books to understand Elizabeth and Jessica's psychosocial profiles (which should be about 1/5th of the way through the first book you pick up), you pretty much will be conversant with the two basic female personality types. That is, the weepy martyr and the manipulative party girl. Not that I am suggesting that all girls actually fall into this categorization system: actually, women are always personality type #2, but (based on an informal survey on AIM), they all think they are type #1.

Go figure.

While Glowing Fish makes an excellent point, he has forgotten to mention some of the other female personality types featured in the Sweet Valley Twins books, who are also basic:

Enid: Elizabeth's best friend and companion in martyrdom. Enid is always described as being "nice" and "smart"--Sweet Valley euphemisms for "boring" and "unpopular." Enid's only real asset is her friendship with Elizabeth.

Lila: Jessica's best friend. She and Jessica are essentially the same person, although Lila is a brunette. (In Sweet Valley, this is apparently more alien than being from a different planet.) Jessica is often portrayed as learning a lesson or demonstrating compassion, whereas Lila is completely heartless. Needless to say, Lila is the more realistic of the two.

Many women who say they are Elizabeths are actually Enids who secretly want to be Jessicas.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.