Today, I tried to behave really good and not to annoy the ones around me. Because, yesterday, I cried, and cried, after realizing that I had hurt mum. Eventhough we have our differences, she does not deserve such attitude.
Earlier that day, she wanted to prepare a cake, but forgot that some of the stacks of ingredients were almost gone.
I had to finish writing something, and didn't want to go right then...
So, I told her that I'll do it, but a little bit later.
She got upset, being the type of person that wants a certain thing done exactly in the moment of speaking.
She stopped speaking to me and went out the door to buy what she needed. I knew I had upset her.
I went in my room and cried, because I hate it when I let down the people I love.
And another thing that's peculiar : the more I like a person, the more I drive him away. Or, I go and hide my self. Deeper and better, so not even the sun can shine upon the inner self anymore.
In my room, after I let out all the water for the mice ( it's B's code for tears ), I grabbed a book and started reading.
And couldn't leave it down, not even for a minute, until the last page had been turned.
It was about Ernesto "El Che" Guevara de la Serna. Before that day, I had known about him these facts :
- his photo is printed on a lot of stuff;
- he lived in South America;
- he fought in a revolution;
Now, as I write these things, while blowing my nose and wiping my tears, after watching documentaries, movies, looking at photos and reading Diario Boliviano, I realize that his image has turned into his greatest nightmare : commercial use with the sole purpose of wealth of an ideology that created "New Vietnams".
- When his doctor said he should smoke less cigars, he came to work carrying only one. But its length was 1 meter !
- He graduated Medical School in Buenos Aires as he was Argentinean by birth. He became Cuban by adoption, and Bolivian by death. This multinational thing seems less awkward, when having in mind Che's words : "We are not citizens of different countries and nationalities, but, we all, are one nation."
- Ernesto enjoyed playing chess, reading, writing, art and music; he even played a game with the famous Bobby Fischer over phone.
- He suffered from asthma, and, as a child, he nearly drowned in a school competition. Since then he developed severe aquafobia;
- " Shoot me, you coward, for you are killing only a man!" - Ernesto said to the man designated to take his life. ◊ It is said, that Mario Terán, the soldier designated to shoot Che, could not look him in the eyes, turning his head away, while pushing the trigger. None of the men wanted to deliver the order, so they decided to draw straws to see who will have to fulfill such a task.
- " It's better to die standing on your own 2 feet, than live a life on your 2 knees..." - Ernesto Guevara
- He was Castro's best friend, until the latter chose to settle for a middle way with the U.S. and the U.S.S.R.
- When the famos photo was unknowingly taken by Alberto Korda, on the 5 th of March 1960, Che attended funerals of the victims killed in the "Pig Bay" event.
- If you watch closely, in his pictures, his eyes have a certain glimpse; a sparkle of infinite passion; a fire burning with such a force, that terrifies of what could unleash.
- If his ideas would have died anyway, why such a fuss from the 2 world powers to cut off this human? Because he was right : the man died, but the idea reigns.
«el ser humano más completo de nuestra época» - Jean Paul Sartre