a smooth pate bifurcates
one quest to plumb
the stuff of past seasons
another, palms together
pushes upwards
into emptiness

Notes from the Surf

3D morphable model face animation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nice6NYb_WA
A bit boring, a bit scary, and a bit fascinating fast forwarded to the last three faces.

Bizarre newt uses ribs as weapons
http://news.bbc.co.uk/earth/hi/earth_news/newsid_8212000/8212623.stm
"When attacked, the Spanish ribbed newt pushes out its ribs until they pierce through its body, exposing a row of bones that act like poisonous barbs."

Calvin and Hobbes: You're Working on Your Report Already?
http://imgur.com/Qpoth.png
"Mom says the pills must be working."

Congress Deadlocked Over How To Not Provide Health Care
http://www.theonion.com/content/news/congress_deadlocked_over_how_to?
"the goal here is not to push through some watered-down bill that only denies health care to a few Americans here and a few Americans there. The goal is to recognize that all Americans have a God-given right to proper medical attention and then make sure there's no chance in hell that ever happens."

Lou Dobbs Compares Health Care in US and Denmark
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgQj0tL-AjU
"Health care costs in Denmark are half of those in the United States... They don't need malpractice insurance. Nobody ever talks about defensive medicine... 90% of Danes said they were satisfied with their health care."

Nonprofit nursing homes provide better care, major study finds
http://www.pnhp.org/news/2009/august/nonprofit_nursing_ho.php
Of the 82 studies of tens of thousands of nursings homes, mostly in the US, 49% of the studies favored nonprofits, 4% favored for-profits, 47% were less consistent. Nonprofits tended to have less bedsores and use of physical restraints. "Systematic reviews of the evidence have previously shown higher death rates in for-profit versus nonprofit hospitals, and in for-profit versus nonprofit dialysis facilities."

Redacted Excerpts of CIA Interrogations
http://www.salon.com/opinion/greenwald/2009/08/24/ig_report/
if anything else happens in the United States, "We're going to kill your children."

'Hundreds of Hondurans brutally beaten by police'
http://www.morningstaronline.co.uk/index.php/world/Hundreds-of-Hondurans-brutally-beaten-by-police
"A Chilean photojournalist said that about 20 police surrounded him, demanded his camera and beat him when he refused to give it up."

Aleksei Etmanov's visit to Brazil
http://socialistworld.net/eng/2009/08/1801.html
"he saw that the conditions of car workers there were significantly better than those on Russia. He also saw how trade unionists participated in political struggle."

Matthew 25:31-46 (Video)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXrjtkyn9Eo
"Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?"

Today, I tried to behave really good and not to annoy the ones around me. Because, yesterday, I cried, and cried, after realizing that I had hurt mum. Eventhough we have our differences, she does not deserve such attitude.

Earlier that day, she wanted to prepare a cake, but forgot that some of the stacks of ingredients were almost gone. 

I had to finish writing something, and didn't want to go right then...

So, I told her that I'll do it, but a little bit later.

She got upset, being the type of person that wants a certain thing done exactly in the moment of speaking.

She stopped speaking to me and went out the door to buy what she needed. I knew I had upset her.

I went in my room and cried, because I hate it when I let down the people I love.

And another thing that's peculiar : the more I like a person, the more I drive him away. Or, I go and hide my self. Deeper and better, so not even the sun can shine upon the inner self anymore.

In my room, after I let out all the water for the mice ( it's B's code for tears ), I grabbed a book and started reading.

And read.

And read.

And couldn't leave it down, not even for a minute, until the last page had been turned.

It was about Ernesto "El Che" Guevara de la Serna. Before that day, I had known about him these facts :

  1. his photo is printed on a lot of stuff;
  2. he lived in South America;
  3. he fought in a revolution;

Now, as I write these things, while blowing my nose and wiping my tears, after watching documentaries, movies, looking at photos and reading Diario Boliviano, I realize that his image has turned into his greatest nightmare : commercial use with the sole purpose of wealth of an ideology that created "New Vietnams".


  • When his doctor said he should smoke less cigars, he came to work carrying only one. But its length was 1 meter !
  • He graduated Medical School in Buenos Aires as he was Argentinean by birth. He became Cuban by adoption, and Bolivian by death. This multinational thing seems less awkward, when having in mind Che's words : "We are not citizens of different countries and nationalities, but, we all, are one nation."
  • Ernesto enjoyed playing chess, reading, writing, art and music; he even played a game with the famous Bobby Fischer over phone.
  • He suffered from asthma, and, as a child, he nearly drowned in a school competition. Since then he developed severe aquafobia;
  • " Shoot me, you coward, for you are killing only a man!" - Ernesto said to the man designated to take his life.    ◊     It is said, that Mario Terán, the soldier designated to shoot Che, could not look him in the eyes, turning his head away, while pushing the trigger. None of the men wanted to deliver the order, so they decided to draw straws to see who will have to fulfill such a task.
  • " It's better to die standing on your own 2 feet, than live a life on your 2 knees..." - Ernesto Guevara
  • He was Castro's best friend, until the latter chose to settle for a middle way with the U.S. and the U.S.S.R.
  • When the famos photo was unknowingly taken by Alberto Korda, on the 5 th of March 1960, Che attended funerals of the victims killed in the "Pig Bay" event.
  • If you watch closely, in his pictures, his eyes have a certain glimpse; a sparkle of infinite passion; a fire burning with such a force, that terrifies of what could unleash.
  • If his ideas would have died anyway, why such a fuss from the 2 world powers to cut off this human? Because he was right : the man died, but the idea reigns.

                                           «el ser humano más completo de nuestra época» - Jean Paul Sartre

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.