- 1 medium sized onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 500g minced topside beef
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh mixed herbs
- 3 slices of Wholemeal bread, crumbed
- 150g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 125g smooth cottage cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 125ml plain yoghurt
- a pinch of ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons of fresh thyme, chopped.
- a pinch of paprika
Microwave the onion and oil in a large pyrex bowl on High for 3 minutes. Stir in the minced beef, seasoning, Worcestershire sauce and herbs. Microwave on High for 4 minutes, breaking up the beef with a fork as it cooks. Stir in the breadcrumbs. Spread into a deep pie dish. Sprinkle half the Cheddar cheese over the meat.
Blend together the cottage cheese, eggs, yoghurt, nutmeg, seasoning and thyme. Pour this mixture over the cheese and meat in the pie dish. Sprinkle the other half of the Cheddar cheese on top. Dust with paprika. Microwave on Medium high for about 15 minutes.
source: quick and easy microwave cooking