"sake wo nominagara, communication wo toru"

"drinking communication"

Nominication is at the foundation of business life of the salaryman. Done among workmates and with customers, in essence it is a part of work, but it goes beyond just the office or factory and into regular life.

Nominication loosens us up, relieves our stress, and brings us together to develop our interpersonal relationships.

During work hours, we don't always have time or opportunity to talk and discuss things. Nominication is a way to get a grip on the current work situation, exchange ideas and opinions, get all sorts of useful information.

Also, from getting together good relationships are developed. If you get to know someone better personally and understand their personality and character, naturally it becomes easier to work with each other. Even if you find out that you do not like a workmate or customer, you learn how to deal with them.

Lastly, we talk about not only work, but any other things that may be on our minds. Like what's in the news recently. "How 'bout those Hanshin Tigers?" "The geezers in Nagatachou are dumbasses."

You may ask why go through all the trouble to get to know each other? Then I ask, do you want to work or do business with someone you don't know? Japanese don't.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.