They look like plain old cookies. But the peanut butter sneaks up on you and WHAM! you've been ninja'ed. Before you know it, your taste buds are stolen and swept away, pirated by chunks of delicious walnut. Eager to solve the mystery, you detect the sweet, sweet taste of banana. Could it be? Ninja, pirate, and monkey? My friends, it could be and it is. Everything you love about ninjas, pirates, and monkeys has combined to create what is--quite possibly--one of the best desserts ever.

You will need a stealthy kitchen, a large ARRRay of utensils, and ingredients fresh and plentiful enough to make the calmest monkey say "ooh ooh ahh ahh." Of course, being a ninjagirl, I cannot say whether this recipe can be mastered by a layperson. However, if you have the courage...

Ingredients:

  • 0.5 c real butter (not margarine)
  • .75 c peanut butter
  • 1.5 c sugar
  • 1 c brown sugar
  • 1 c mashed banana (ripe works better)
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2.5 c flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 c walnuts

Instructions:

  1. Preheat your oven to 375° F.


  2. Cream the butter and both types of sugar in a large mixing bowl.


  3. Beat the eggs, banana, and vanilla into the creamed butter. It should be a fairly goopy, globby mess right about now. Try not to fling it at others.


  4. Stir in flour, peanut butter, salt, baking powder, and nuts. The mixture should be thick now--so thick you need a deckhand to help you stir. Yarr!


  5. Place dollops of dough onto a cookie sheet, precisely traced with the lightest hint of spray-on. Is it even there?


  6. Bake 10-15 minutes at 375°, more than the heat of a jungle.


  7. Let your cookies cool. You know. Cool? Like pirates?


  8. Congratulate yourself on being one unique chef, as you enjoy your kick-ass-take-names-banana-rama-fo-fana cookies.


Kensey says: these are some of the best damn cookies I have ever eaten.

Junkill says So, on my day off, I went to the library and utterly struck out on researching my latest writeups. Upon returning home, NINJA PIRATE MONKEY COOKIES were waiting for me, to make it all better! They are delicious, and the container is suitable for framing! Yay! My day is made!! (sheer deliciousity!!)

Osmosis says re Ninja Pirate Monkey Cookies: yum, yum and double yum. made these today. diagnosis: delicious!

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.