Liam Neeson is an actor, born June 7, 1952 in Ballymena, Northern Ireland.

He currently lives in Washington, New York, and is married to actress Natasha Richardson, with whom he has two sons, Michael and Daniel.

He briefly studied at the University of Belfast in physics and computer science, but dropped out. Bloody shame, really; Belfast needs more physicists.

He had attended Belfast's Queens College to become a teacher, but after joining the Belfast Lyric Players' Theatre's 1976 performance of The Risen People, he pursued theatre. In 1978, he joined Dublin's Abbey Theatre. His talent was discovered by director John Boorman, so he got the role of Sir Gawain in the 1981 film Excalibur.

His first leading film role was in the 1990 Darkman, but his most famous role is that of Oskar Schindler in Steven Spielberg's 1993 movie Schindler's List, in which he was a nominee for an Academy Award and a Golden Globe.

Back on the stage in 1993, Neeson co-starred with his now-wife, Natasha Richardson, in "Anna Christie", and he was again nominated, this time for a Tony Award. He had worked with her on one previous occasion; during the television mini-series Ellis Island, in 1984.

On December 31, 1999, he was named an Officer of the Order of British Empire by Her Majesty the Queen.

On July 11, 2000, he had a motorcycle collision with a deer, and he chipped and fractured his pelvis. He was discovered by a passing motorist. He is 193cm tall. These are not related.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.