HTML Tidy is an invaluable little open-source program that cleans and automatically corrects HTML and XHTML documents. Originally written by Dave Raggett, it is now continually being worked on by the fine people over at SourceForge.
- Auto-correct missing or mis-matched end tags.
- Place tags where they ought to be.
- Add a missing "/" to an end tag.
- Add quotes around attribute values.
- Report non-standard elements.
- Add the correct DOCTYPE.
- Report broken tags.
- Replace appropriate characters with their HTML entity names.
- Offer accessability tips.
- Replace HTML presentational tags with CSS.
- Support, with limits, ASP, JSTE, PHP, and XML.
- Indent text for a better overall source layout.
- Probably run on your box, as there is a port of it on virtually every system.
HTML Tidy Links: