Okay. I give up. What’s that supposed to be? 

It’s called “Man in the Rain#10”. It’s an abstract work. 

No. It’s a square. With a dot in the middle. 

It’s interpretive. 

In other words, you don’t know. 

There’s nothing to know. It’s subjective

Uh-hunh, here’s a subject. Food. I’m starving. Don’t you have anything to eat in that bag of yours. 

No I don’t. There's more of the exhibit over here. C’mon.

Might be a triangle with a line through it. We wouldn’t wanna miss that. Oh now that’s just wrong. 

What. 

That. There. 

Oh yeah. "Two Nudes”. I read they were showing that here. 

That is not interpretive. That is a grown woman. Breast-feeding. A grown man, in a diaper. Why is he wearing a fez

You don’t care for it. I’m just getting a vibe

Bing bing, folks we have a winner. Speaking of “bing bing”, I’m still starved. I need something to eat. And soon. I’m wasting away. 

Hey. Katharine Hepburn. Cut. You are not wasting away. You’re practically rotund. You want food, go look at a still life. 

I thought I was. 

You—that doesn’t even make sense. 

Delirium. Sign of malnutrition

Oh spare me. Fine. We’ll go. We’ll just go home. 

Good. Then we can eat. 

Is that all you think about? The hour and a half out of the day you’re awake, I mean. 

Well. So what if it is. 

It’s just tuna and chicken dreams, isn’t it. 

No. There's the occasional pork cutlet

What’s the occasion. Flabby Feline Day. 

Keep it up. Keep it up, and remember this little convo the next time you're walking around the house without shoes.

Just a wee part of what makes you special. Turn, that's the exit over there.

Finally. Ooo. What’s that. 

That’s Goya. “Saturn Devouring His Child”. Hey. Do cats really steal babies’ breath or is that just an old wives’ tale

I don’t know. I don’t know any old wives. Or any other cats. It’s always been just me and you. I know I’m so hungry I’d take a bite out of Junior there, myself. That help any? 

That’s it. That tears it. I try to expose you to a little culture. Try to broaden your horizons. No. We have to go home and open a can of KlassyKitty, before you keel over. 

Bing bing. Boy. Nothing gets by you, does it. Can we go now please.

Sure. Why not. The fun's over, it's been a delightful afternoon. Honestly. I can’t take you anywhere.

 

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.