The stories of Elric of Melnibone by Michael Moorcock.

It's hard to say exactly how many Elric books there are, since the because the books were initially written and published out of sequential order. Bits and pieces of Elric material appeared in The Stealer of Souls in 1967, The Singing Citadel in 1970 and The Sleeping Sorceress in 1972. Later in the 1970s, the canonical Elric saga was first published in chronological order by Daw books. Note that The Sailor on the Seas of Fate was actually the last book written, in 1976, though it is the second in the series.

The original Elric saga:

Note that there were crossovers of other characters into these books and of Elric into other 1970s books as well, and nobody considers those other books to be part of the Elric saga (though they are all part of the Eternal Champion saga which encompasses several separate series, each with a hero, like Elric, who is said to be an incarnation of the Eternal Champion). The difference is that some of the later books are not really about Elric, but just feature him, but nevertheless are sold as Elric books.

Moorcock occasionally put out other books later featuring Elric, usually in a crossover with one of his other series.

Other 1980s "Elric" books I have read:

Another 2 Elric books are:

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.