The name /dev/joe is a pun on the Unix operating system's "device" files, which are all stored in the /dev directory (see /dev/null, ls -lR /). The second meaning is that Joe is my name and "dev" is the first three letters of my last name...
What I Node:
- old chestnuts - the oldest and most repeated puzzles often get that way because they are interesting problems, and can still be interesting to those who haven't seen them before.
- other puzzles and games, including pinball, bridge, and word games
- mathematics, especially recreational mathematics
- chemistry, chemical engineering
- sf books and authors
- a little music that I like, mostly They Might Be Giants
- a few word oddities
- random other computerish stuff and elements of geekdom and anything else I run into that seems missing
Memo to myself: