Corn pudding is a wonderful autumn dish that provides a unique way to eat that yellow vegetable we all love. This dish can be eaten hot or cold, but once it is has been refrigerated it can be conveniently cut into squares and wrapped. It makes a wonderful complement to all the bread and autumn fruit that decorates harvest tables at this time of year. Serve it with cornbread and corn on the cob if you'd like to make a theme night of it!

This tastes slightly sweet, but not like an outright normal sweet pudding. The nutmeg really puts it over the top as a fantastic dish. It's very moist and refreshing and makes a healthy alternative to all-out dessert if you're watching your weight.

Ingredients:

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 325ยบ F. Grease a 1 1/2-quart casserole dish. Combine corn and eggs in a bowl. Add in flour, sugar, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Mix it all together. Mix together the milk and butter, and mix into the larger mixture. Pour the whole thing into the dish and bake uncovered for an hour and fifteen minutes. Cool and store in the refrigerator.

Yield: 8 servings.
Source: Paraphrased from Stovel, Picnic
Use for: Lughnasadh, Mabon, Samhain

Note: I used soy milk when I made this, and it came out fine. So it doesn't happen to be one of those puddings that HAS to have the full-fat real milk to thicken properly. Try it!

Pagan recipes

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.