's main football host. Also the host of ABC
's Monday Night Football
. A former SportsCenter anchor
, Berman is famous for nicknaming on the fly. Some of the best examples:
- Baseball pitcher Frank Tanana "Daquiri"
- Nascar driver Davy Allison "Wonderland"
- Baseball player Lance "You sank my" Blankenship"
- Pitcher Bert "Be home" Blyleven
- Jim "Two sillouhettes on" DeShaies
- Stan "You can" Javier "way"
- Chuck "New Kids On" Knoblauch or Chuck "Chip off the ol'" Knoblauch
- John "I am not a" Kruk
- John "Tonight, let it be" Lowenstein
A Yahoo search for Berman will find many canonical lists of these nicknames.