Most famous for playing Dr. David Banner, the alter ego of The Incredible Hulk, on the 1978-1982 TV series "The Incredible Hulk." In addition to his role as the doctor always on the verge of a breakdown, Bixby was highly involved in many other Hollywood productions throughout his life.

Born on January 22, 1934, Bixby worked various odd jobs before entering the Estelle Harmon School for Acting. In the 60's, he landed guest appearances on "The Twilight Zone" and "The Andy Griffith Show." In 1962, producer Jack Chertok offered the role Tim O'Hara on "My Favorite Martian" to Bixby. Bixby quickly became a familiar face in American households.

Bixby also starred in other TV productions, such as "The Magician", "The Courtship of Eddie's Father", and "Goodnight Beantown." He has also worked in several mini-series and made-for-TV movies.

Bixby frequently showed up on TV game shows, such as "Password", "You Don't Say", "PDQ", "Masquerade Party", and "Hollywood Squares."

As for motion pictures, Bixby was involved in movies as diverse as "Lonely Are the Brave", "Irma la Douce", "Under the Yum-Yum Tree", and "The Apple Dumpling Gang."

In 1992, Bixby became the sole director of the NBC series "Blossom". However, while working on the program, Bixby suffered with cancer. He died on November 21, 1993.

Bixby frequently explained why he chose the roles he did:

My shows are the kind children can watch with their parents without embarrassment. And parents can watch with their children without embarrassment.

Bixby's face is still very recognizable, even after his death, as he became one of television's most prolific stars.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.