Dear Santa,

All I want for Christmas is world peace and happiness. No really, I'm not kidding! I don't really want a razor scooter, or special edition pokemon cards, or Diablo II. I'm not kidding, all I want is world peace.

Love, Joe


I think one of the biggest problems with Christmas these days is how it causes such crass commercialism in the light of what it really should be about.

I'll admit that I'm not Christian, but my parents were, so we have somewhat inherited the celebration of Christmas without any of the religious implications. But just because I'm not Christian doesn't mean I don't respect the ideals it has come to stand for. Sharing, spending time with family, and renewing old bonds. But I think people are a little too heavy on the exchanging gifts and not heavy enough on the spending time with people you love.

To fix this, do something radical, go here: http://adbusters.org/campaigns/bnd/toolbox/voucher.html and give a gift exemption voucher to someone you love. Tell them it is to help preserve the environment and fight against commercialism. They may not like it at first, but when they think about it, they'll understand that the gift of love is all you need to give.