Neon Genesis Evangelion OST 2
Released by King Records
, KICA-290 on February 2, 1996
Retail Price 3000 yen
Total Time 62:45
The second Evangelion music album released. It contains all the greatest music from Evangelion Episodes 7 to 15. It followed on from the success of the Neon Genesis Evangelion OST 1 and made history in Japan by becoming the first anime soundtrack in nearly two decades to reach Number 1 on the Japanese album charts. As well as the numerous Shiro Sagisu BGM tracks on the CD, a new vocal song Yokan features as well as the TV size version of Cruel Angel's Thesis and five versions of Fly Me to the Moon. The track listing is as follows:
- Zankoku na Tenchi no THESE (Cruel Angel's Thesis ) (TV. Size Version) (Vocalist Yoko Takahashi) (Length 01:33.25)
- Borderline Case
- A Crystalline Night Sky
- Angel Attack II
- Angel Attack III
- Both of you, Dance Like You Want to Win!
- Waking up in the morning
- Background Music
- A Moment When Tension Breaks
- The Day Tokyo-3 Stood Still
- Spending Time in Preparation
- She said, "Don't make others suffer for your personal hatred."
- Pleasure Principle
- The Beast II
- Rei III
- When I Find Peace of Mind
- Fly Me to the Moon (TV. Size Version) (Vocalist CLAIRE)
- Fly Me to the Moon (Rei(#5)TV. Size Remix Version) (Vocalist Rei)
- Fly Me to the Moon (Rei(#6)TV. Size Remix Version) (Vocalist Rei)
- Jikai Yokoku
- Fly Me to the Moon (Aya Bossa Techno Version) (Vocalist Aya)
- Fly Me to the Moon (Aki Jungle Version) (Vocalist Aki)
The difference between Fly Me to the Moon (Rei(#5)TV. Size Remix Version) and Fly Me to the Moon (Rei(#6)TV. Size Remix Version) is that Anno Hideaki directed Megumi Hayashibara to sing as Rei Ayanami for #5 and as a ”unified person of Rei and Megumi Hayashibara” for #6.
Note: Neon Genesis Evangelion OST 2 is the official full title of the CD. See Evangelion Music for further information about namespacing issues.