Why Invasion of Tibet is Best for the People of Tibet

Your poor neighbour is neglectful of their children and does not feed them properly, you:

  1. Send them a letter with money to buy food. Or
  2. Invite them over to your house for food. (Or even have the children removed on more permanent basis.)

We are repeatedly told that Western International Aid sent to banana republics is often diverted to the Swiss bank account's of the government leaders rather than the needy proletariat. The US has demonstrated many times that smashing a "rogue state" to smitherines will only result in a new state that's even more disfunctional (eg: Afghanistan). No cookie-cutter economics baked up by the IMF has helped anyone. It's time we got off our asses and stopped trying to fix the world by remote shell. It's time to invade.

Tibet wasn't just screwed up in the way that plenty of developing countries are screwed up today. It was semi-agrarian economy ruled by a theocracy. You can't get much more screwed up than that. China did the only thing that they could be sure would change the lives of the people of Tibet. And they succeeded: the standard of living in Tibet is comparable to that of neighbouring Chinese provinces. Sure, torture sucks, but it's not anything the Chinese government doesn't do to their own people. And they may no longer have freedom of religion (did they before?), but Article 18 is one of the more dubious human rights.

China's a pretty screwed up country themselves, so we shouldn't assume they could pull off this kind of operation perfectly. But they were a lot more effective at fixing stuff than your country has been.