No wonder the intelligence community is pissed with Bush the lesser, he has managed to do what few other Presidents were able to do and cripple the CIA.

Between the beating it took for taking the responsibility for Bush's lies to get us into the war and Tenet falling on his sword, the CIA is getting pounded like a $2 whore on payday. Their intelligence effort is being replaced by inside think tanks run by the military and the administration.

If a high-level analyst can be outed on a whim with nobody getting as much as a hair mussed (no pun intended, Rove), what security does the rank-and-file have, and what kind of message does that send to foreign covert operators and cover organizations?

This does not even address the significant impact that one disclosure had on the support infrastructure of her operations, now all rendered crap by the traitors that betrayed her name. The other agents and analysts who had also used those assets to maintain cover are also blown. That bastard traitor asshole wastrel.

All that intelligence effort has to be built all over again, at a significant cost to us. All those agents and analysts have to scamble to put their lives back together. (And let's hope none of her people are in dangerous places.) Since she was a analyst specializing in WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION, that means her job was a strategic priority for the defense of the United States of America, and therefore important.

That is, unless Bush the squandering fathead President pulls yet another lie out of his ass and convinces the sheeple yet again that Oceania has always been at war with Eastasia and that WMDs are no longer important, like Osama Bin Laden. (Bush should be impeached for reneging on that promise alone, much less all the other shit he has done to our country.)

As it is, Plame's cover is blown, and somebody in the Bush administration did it. If you don't like it, ask the President why he lied to us.