POLITICAL INSIGHT

To conservatives, the speech sounded like this:
My fellow citizens blah blah blah not dealing with peaceful men blah blah blah oath I will keep blah blah blah deceit and cruelty shall end blah blah blah 48 hours blah blah blah America.
To liberals, the speech sounded like this:
My fellow citizens blah blah blah all face fearful consequences blah blah blah additional security blah blah blah harm on all free nations blah blah blah deadly conflict blah blah blah America.
To Iraqis, the speech sounded like this:

ﺔﻴﻟﻭﺆﺴﻣ ﺎﺴﻧﺮﻓ ﻙﻮﺘﺴﻨﻳﺮﺟ ﻲﻤﻳﺮﻴﺟ ﺓﺪﺤﺘﻤﻟﺍ ﻢﻣﻷﺍ ﻯﺪﻟ ﺎﻴﻧﺎﻄﻳﺮﺑ ﺮﻴﻔﺳ ﻞﻤﺣ ﺪﻗﻭ ﻡﺍﺪﺨﺘﺳﺎﺑ ﺲﻳﺭﺎﺑ ﺕﺩﺪﻫ ﻥﺃ ﺪﻌﺑ ،ﻦﻣﻷﺍ ﺲﻠﺠﻣ ﻦﻣ ﺪﻳﺪﺟ ﻲﻟﻭﺩ ﺭﺍﺮﻗ ﺭﺍﺪﺻﺇ ﺩﻮﻬﺟ ﻒﻗﻮﺗ ﻮﺘﻴﻔﻟﺍ ،ﺾﻘﻨﻟﺍ ﻖﺣ.

I didn't listen to it, so I offer no comment. Unless you want to make like Tiananmen Square and stand in front of a tank, we're going to war. This speech might become historical someday, though: either as the point where Bush stood defiant in the pursuit of truth, justice, and the American way, or as the point where his political career plummeted. Let's find out from the safety of our TV and Internet-equipped homes.


update: Truth, justice, and the American way. Dammit! I was pushing for Bob Graham in 2004.