They're fighting behind me and I hear only bits and pieces of it.

They're drunk and demand music even though they are at each other's throats, I don't think Crimson and Clover was ever meant to be played this loud.

"You tried to fucking shoot me!" he bellows.

"I haven't shot at you in ten years," she wails.

This is beyond dysfunctional and I will have to remember on Thanksgiving to be thankful they aren't my parents.

She has her bags packed and piled in the middle of the living room floor, she is grabbing knick-knacks from around the house and stuffing them in her pockets, she is gathering up the dogs and their food.

He is sitting on the couch telling her that she forgot to get this, she forgot to grab that.

I am stuck as the DJ for this party and am trying to send subliminal messages for them to chill by selecting songs that relate to their plight, but, now that I think about it, every fucking song in their library relates to their plight. Could what they listen to, even though it is mellow and calm 60's folk, be the cause of all this?

"You tried to fucking shoot me, twice!"

"If I wanted to hit you I would have, I wasn't that drunk,"

These are the things that people in love tell each other. They will be back together before Wednesday and will pretend that this never happened, but for now she slams the door and he cracks another beer.