A strange couple of dreams in one night, a strange set indeed. The first one may or may not have been indirectly prompted by Dai-un's passing. The second one is just absolute randomness with people acting quite irrationally for no particular reason, as far as I can divine.

  • I was at home in Portland, in the kitchen. It was morning, and probably springtime, as the light in the kitchen was very bright. There were two cat-like beings hopping around the kitchen. I soon realized, sort of "remembered", that these had been my cat Ruffy, who, in the dream, for some reason had to be cut in half because of his kidney failure. Each catlet was whole and round like a cat, and had the same markings as Ruffy, but they had very strange faces—I think only one eye each—and each only had two legs, one in front and one in back. So, each of the half-kitties has to hop around the kitchen, rather than walking. My aunt Gretchen is sitting at the kitchen table, mystified. I explain what's happened to her. One of the half-cats goes outside.

  • I'm somewhere out in the West Hills in a car with my beloved Kelly, my mother, and family friend Geoff. Kelly is talking about money problems, and basically says that she only has enough left to eat for a couple more weeks. She gets upset and goes home, which in the dream is a house on a dead-end street just a half mile or so away from where we are then in the hills. She's running, and for some reason we're chasing her, in the car. I say that there's no way we can catch her in the car, that we should be on foot as well. Indeed, she runs into an alley and climbs onto the roof of a building. We've lost her.

    We start driving towards the freeway, and Geoff's at the wheel. We get close to the street where Kelly lives, and I ask Geoff to let me out there so I can go talk to her. He doesn't stop. He keeps on driving. When we get to the freeway, I ask him to let me out so I can hitchhike back there, maybe a mile away. He doesn't stop, instead he gets on the freeway, westbound. He starts driving really fast, swerving like a madman. He says, "This is how they drive in Chile!" We get farther out into the suburbs, perhaps beyond, but somehow I have vague memories of seeing then a large city, perhaps coastal.

C'est tout.