Well life here at work has gotten really bad. As if it there is a irrestible urge for it to go from bad to worse. I was called into my Managers office by his boss at the directory level. I wondered what I had done wrong. Could it have been my attitude or lack of dressing in business formal attire for optional dress up Tuesdays? We had already had a BUNCH of financial adjustments and although I do good work the last one proved NOBODY is safe.

So what is it? Last week a Business developer had sent me an email regarding a staffing assignment. I replied asking a few questions. The overall message was done in a sarcastic joking manner.

For example "I know I talk gud and rite gud but many of the users are located in insert country name and I do not speak the language will this be a problem?"

I also said that I had assumed that he had gone through the appropriate channels before approaching me to avoid resource contention in our company. As it turns out his utilization of me during the time of the staffing assignment conflicted with a current project. Had he followed the process the entire situation would have been avoided.

Granted the Business developer is under immense pressure to gain business in this economic downturn. However my message in retrospect was questioned only because he did not see the humor in it and viewed my response as me thumbing my nose at his authority.

My immediate manager found the email hilarious and saw the humor in it. But to appease the people upstairs I sent a letter of apology and in the future phrase my correspondence a bit more carefully.