On the contrary, my dear. I can get you out of my head, and I will do so.

After the initial euphoria of the 'oh my god a girl just kissed me for the first time ever' period, I have begun to regain a sense of perspective vis a vis said girl. The first two weeks were bliss interspersed by slavering anticipation of another kiss, but the second two weeks (where we were on opposite sides of the country) were hell. I couldn't concentrate on my nice, relaxing canalboat holiday - no! I had to sit and stare at a bad photo, and sigh and sigh and sigh.

Well, no more! We're both going to university in a few weeks, once again on opposite sides of the country. I am not going to waste one of the most exciting times of my life (Fresher's Week, and the term that follows) staring into space and thinking of 'very pretty girl who considered me worth a smooch'. I will enjoy intimacy while it lasts, but hey - I've survived for 18 years already, surely I can survive for another three. That's ignoring the fact that my university has a 50/50 gender split, and I now know I'm not a completely socially inept geek when über hot intelligent girl will go out with me.

I imagine this stoic philosophy will last a few days. I'm hopelessly clingy, it seems.