(for a preface to this node, see November 16, 2000)

I absolutely loved the recruiting part, loved talking about how much I like working here. It's not all fun and games but I enjoy the hard work and the respect I have even though I am essentially unskilled. I got to talk to my peers, students my age looking for employment and had the whole hall of mirrors effect from being on the other side of the interview table. For those keeping score, though I don't have the final decision, I think we picked up two new employees (thus bringing the total employees to fifteen) and possibly a third.

For those who care, I also had three separate flirting actions, only one of which I will discuss here. My boss and I had lunch with two other companies' representatives, all women. My boss has a tendency to incite arguments wherever he goes, and this was no exception. One of the representatives jokingly offered me a job, after my boss praised my abilities (which I don't perceive as great as he seems to). After lunch all three groups wished the others luck as we returned to the Job Fair area. Right before we split paths from the other group, one of the representatives said "Oh, and good luck to you too." and winked. Now, I try not to read people's actions too closely, but honestly, a fourty(ish) year old woman winking at a young college boy is a bit odd to me. Maybe I'm just old-fashioned (joke implied).