Because the AC-130, beast that it is, orbits the target with all of its weapons mounted on the left hand side, a very special option was added for the pilot.

A special HUD is mounted on the port side cockpit window, positioned so the pilot looks through it if s/he turns their head to the left. This enables the pilot to maintain speed, altitude and rate of turn while keeping their eye on the target they're circling. Orbiting a target like this is known as a 'pylon turn'. Whether the seat massages their neck (turning your head for a long period starts to hurt) has not been released.

In Desert Combat, the Spectre has this option included via the pilot's primary fire button. Alas, there's not HUD or instruments so you need to keep using the seat of your pants flying skills you need in Battlefield 1942 aircraft. Note also that the Spectre is virtually unstoppable in the game, I've heard frustrated Mirage F-1 pilots have fired their complement of 12 missiles into it and it still keeps flying. This strength also allows it to withstand all but the most violent of landings.

The Desert Combat Spectre appears to be the H variant as it has two miniguns, one large and one small cannon. The ramp can be operated from the rear crew position using the standard up/down ramp keys used on landing craft. Closing the ramp is useful as it prevents crewmembers (usually an engineer twisting their wrench to repair combat damage) from accidentally falling out the back during violent maneuvers. The aircraft also serves as a mobile spawn point, and it is possible to survive the destruction of the vehicle from a crash or enemy fire if you are standing in the hold. The only thing to remember is that if you push the 'get out of vehicle' button, you're placed in the hold and not outside, meaning if your Spectre is about to crash you'll need to run to the back and jump out.

Thanks to rootbeer277 for telling me orbiting a target is called a pylon turn