The... morning... from... hell...

Or, Officially, "Tiffany's Horrible, Awful, No-Good, Very Bad Morning"--

I was working on a journal for my sociology class last night, that I had put off for entirely too long. I only had two three-page entries left to do, and after staying up until about 4 am, I decided that I could use a decent nap for two hours. My first class, history, was at 9:30, and I knew that if I set my alarm for 6 am, I would be able to get all of my work done, and make it to class in time.

Well.

My alarm went off as planned, and according to my natural sleep schedule, I decided that it would be easier if I slept for another half an hour. After settling comfortably back into bed, I suddenly opened my eyes "minutes" later, and thought to myself, "Gee, it's awfully bright outside for 6:30 in the morning..." After I lay in bed confused, for about 5 minutes or so, I finally got up the courage to look at my bedside clock-- 9:45 am. FUCK. I missed my history class, OOPS.

Frantic, I realize that I only have about 45 good minutes to finish 6 pages of typed information; roll out of bed, over to my computer, and hysterically start typing. At 10:30, I start printing my assignment, and decide that while I'm waiting, I will read over the syllabus for my history class that I missed. "It's okay," I tell myself. "I can easily miss another lecture in... I can miss... my MIDTERM???" Oh dear sweet jesus in heaven.

I haul ass to campus now, scared to death, and sit through my sociology class, wondering what the hell I should do. Don't panic... don't panic... Well, that's like telling the Leaning Tower of Pisa not to tilt in that awful manner... Finally, my class ends, and I walk out of the building.... and... smack into my history teacher. Oh my god.

Bring on the tears... "Oh my god, I'm so sorry, my car didn't start this morning, and I couldn't find anyone to jump start it, and I woke everyone in my building up, and they couldn't help me, and..." He took one look at me, and said "Look, I can give it to you right now if you really want." Thankyou! Thankyou thankyou thankyou!!!

Okay, so maybe the morning had a decent ending... but I tell you, up until I started writing those essay questions, my stomache was the queasiest it has ever been!