The Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona close to Bellaterra, where I currently study Computer Science. It's a quite big University, with science, humanities and everything else. We are one of the few universities in Spain with an american-style campus, with lots of grass, where you can find most of the students, instead of being in class.
My favourite places are the faculties of Audiovisual Communication (Journalism et al.), which is one of the newest buildings, with lots of light, a very nice 'lobby' and perhaps the prettiest female population on the campus. Other highlights would be the faculty of Translation and Interpretation, with a very nice inner garden and the CVC building (home of the renowned Centre de Visió per Computador, that is, the Computer Vision center), with its squared building with mirror windows (and a pretty stone garden inside). The oldest buildings are pretty boring themselves, built using the same ideas over and over and a very boxy feeling.
Some interesting resources and places are:
- Plaça Cívica: a good self service, some shops (chemist, hair dresser, book shop, etc.), pretty close to the Ferrocarrils Catalans (one of the ways of getting outta there) and one of the neuralgic centers of the UAB.
- The Hemerotheca: one of the big libraries there, with moved material from the Audiovisual Communication faculty, so this is the place to find movies, magazines and lots of other stuff.
- Social Sciences' Library: three floors of books and everything, special note of the first floor, which is open 365 days a year and 24 hours a day. Students from other places come here.
- La Vila Universitària: nice flats for students at very reasonable rents. Loadsa parties, particularly thursday nights.
- Sciences Bar: home of Pizza Blues, mighty pizzas named after bluesmen, mighty cheap.
- SAF: the Servei d'Activitat Física, a sports center with a 25m swimming pool, gym, sauna and lots of courts (squash, frontón, soccer, ping-pong, tennis, etc.), with reasonable rates (particularly if you have a grant or similar, like an Erasmus one).
A rather fine place to be, if you ask me.