I have seen several interesting and isolated events in the past week or so to account for a rather unusual state of mind. Here is a convenient list for your perusal:

  1. I see a man walking down the street with incredible dreadlocks easily reaching down to the backs of his knees. I see him a few hours later giving a speech on the Diag at the University of Michigan in front of a group of several hundred college students.

  2. Driving home from class behind a rusted pickup truck full of high school boys. One leans out of the passenger-side window up to his waist and tries to look under the truck. His ratty, faded, buckis baseball hat flies off and hits my windshield.

  3. Two people I have never met before in my life asked if I wanted to go to seven eleven to get slurpees. For some reason I agree. Twenty minutes later I am drinking frozen mush and listening to techno in a strange car full of German-speaking teenagers.

  4. A girl I’ve seen around a few times asked me to go shopping for prom dresses. I agree, and us two go to the mall for three hours and end up eating huge cinnamon rolls in the poor excuse of a food court while talking about laminated pillow cases.

  5. My A.P. Psychology teacher told us to bring pillows and blankets to class so we could take a group nap. It was fun. I brought my childhood blanket, known to a privileged few as Key-Key.

  6. My dad found a QP of some illegal stuff in my brother’s closet, took it out to a deserted area, buried it, and then drew a map so my brother could find it again.

  7. My friends and I went to Walgreens for lunch, looked at toothbrushes for 45 minutes, but forgot to eat.

  8. . . . .

Nothing can shock me ever again. Random events have been occurring at almost regular intervals. I am beginning to expect the unexpected, which usually leads to disappointment and/or complete weirdness.