Today on the day my brother finally caught up to me and hit the 30s, I discovered he will be buying a ring for his girlfriend of 9 years.

Yes, you read that right. Nine.

I'm happy for him but also told him that if he's just doing this because he's turning 30, bla bla bla, don't. If he's doing it because he finally made his mind up about it and really truly wants to do it, all the power to him. He's planning on purchasing now but not asking her until the New Year.

She's been patiently waiting for him to do this, so we really have no doubt about her answer.

On the flip side of news, I'm worried for my mother, as she is having several large lumps removed from her neck, behind her ear, and one of her sides. They just up and started growing one day, the doctors have no idea why or what they are. They hurt her like hell, which she says must be a good thing because in her brain if they hurt it means it isn't cancer. Since cancer is rampant in our family (I think I did a chart once, and about 9/10ths of my mom's side succumb to cancer at some point in their lives) this is a daily worry for her. Her operation is next week, and I'm troubled for her.

There is all this and more (MUCH more) going on in my little life, including dealing with some kid issues, and I think that if one more thing happens, I'm going to start cracking at the seams. The bit with my brother is good, don't get me wrong; it's everything else that's going on.