As one of the Everything parents
, I'm learning on a daily basis. These are some basics for dealing with toddler
s and little children
. Whether or not a child likes it, some things are simply not negotiable.
- Putting fingers or objects into electrical outlets
- Inserting things in ears or nostrils
- Unrestrained temper tantrums
- Experimentation with household chemicals
- Hitting, biting, scratching, etc.
Of course this list is nowhere near complete. Conversely, there are many aspects that should be encouraged and carefully nurture
d. Again, this list is far from complete as well.
- A distinct sense of positive self-worth
- Exploration and discovery
- Problem solving abilities
- Responsibility and accountability
For anyone simply considering having children I highly recommend taking the Parenthood Readiness Test