Lamb moussaka is an easy recipe that takes around an hour and fifteen minutes to prepare and cook, depending on how fast you prepare each part of the recipe and how quick your oven is when cooking. This recipe can actually be used when following the ‘Slimming World’ diet, as I have checked with a representative of this company who assure me about the number of points it would be. The recipe actually counts as nothing on an original day if you use the cheese as a healthy extra, however, if you are not it will cost you six points. This recipe serves around four and is perfect served with a salad.

Ingredients

Method

1. Preheat the oven to 190°C / 375°F / Gas Mark 5. Cut the aubergines into thick slices and place on a non stick baking sheet. Spray with the fry light, season with salt and then bake until the aubergines are brown and soft to touch. Then set aside the aubergines.

2. Finely chop the onion and crush the garlic. Place in a frying pan, sprayed with fry light, and fry until they are softened. Add the minced lamb and cook for four to five minutes or until they meat becomes sealed. Add the tomatoes and bring the mixture to a boil, once boiled reduce the heat and leave to simmer for around fifteen minutes. Remove from the heat, season and stir well.

3. Lightly spray a deep, medium sized baking dish with fry light and place half of the aubergines at the bottom of the baking tray. Now layer the meat sauce over the aubergines and then cover with the remaining aubergines.

4. Mix together the yoghurt, grated cheese, eggs, nutmeg and seasoning, making sure that you mix them together well. Pour the mixture over the aubergines and bake in the oven for thirty minutes or until nicely browned. Remove from the oven and leave to rest for around ten minutes before serving.