Cubia, also known as Cabbage Pie, may be a vegetarian
dish, but it's a sure bet to please many carnivores
with its heavy, meaty consistency
. Anyone who's ever tried Master's Choice
will know what I mean. The recipe is as follows for one pie.
- In olive oil, brown the onion. Set aside.
- In olive oil, cook cabbage over medium heat adding spices: Dill weed, basil, and thyme.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat and combine onions and cabbage.
- Place one filo dough sheet in casserole dish (use Pam to prevent sticking).
- Spread about a half inch layer of cream cheese over filo dough sheet.
- Sprinkle cream cheese with Dill weed.
- Add cabbage and onion mixture over cream cheese.
- (Optional) Layer with ¼ inch slices of hard boiled eggs.
- Cover with second sheet of filo dough.
- Close edges, using milk to moisten edges when closing.
- Cook at 350 degrees for half an hour or until brown on top.
Voila! You now have Cubia. Enjoy!