Well, today makes 6 months for my girlfriend and I. It doesn't feel like 6 months though. it seems like just a little bit ago we met at that stoplight in Boulder. Funny how just a chance meeting like that could turn out to be somehting so wonderful.

She is one of the nicest, most caring people that I know. She's my best friend on top of being my quote/unquote lover. I have told her things that no one else will EVER hear come from my mouth. She makes me feel wonderful, both about myself and about life in general. It's such an incredible feeling to know that there's someone out there that loves you with all their heart. And whats more is that you love them back with the same intensity.

For christmas, instead of buying me a gift, she took a journal and put in pictures of she and I, little quotes that help to describe how she feels about me and this relationship, inside jokes between us, and pages upon pages of letters to me talking of how much she cares about me and reasons why she does.

I had just come back from a trip to Florida to see my family and I came back to the house to find a candle lit dinner for two, and a lasagne that she had made herself. There on the table was also this book she had made for me, and as i read it in front of her, I was on the virge of tears.

She then told me of the significance of the book and what she hoped we could do with it. It was, she said, a book that she has written down the wonderful times and memories that we have shared over the course of our relationship, and that she gives it to me (with not all the pages filled) in hopes that i can do the same thing. Then as time goes by and we grow closer we can have somewhat of a mutual journal to write things down in, and pass it back and forth between us for eachother to read.

When she told me this, the impact of what she had done for me truly hit. She had put so much thought into this gift that it wasnt even funny. it made my gift (a cheneale scarf) look like i had given her a tonka truck instead.

I had always thought that i was a pretty romantic guy, but some of the things that she has done, totally blow me out of the water. They make my romantics look like were offereing her my ABC gum.