back | days | forth

Bizarre that so many people already have daylogs when it's only 8am here...

Normally Mondays are like any other boring work day; nothing much happens and I can snooze until midday and my manager wakes up. Today, however, I have already cut my nose while shaving (How? I don't know), argued with my brother over pizza (why? I don't know) and prepared myself for a day of pain because my leg is reacting to the cold weather...

All this seems cancelled out, negated by the fact that I got a rather nice letter today from my fiancee (written before I proposed :-) This has cheered me up rather a lot, thanks Dana :-)

11:20 GMT

I'm rather glad that the worst thing that has happened so far is the insistence of my project leader that I use windows 2000 as our external web server...

At some point I will have to discuss my future plans with my general manager and project leader; they need to know what I am planning with regard to moving to the US. Of course the ideal situation would be for me to continue to work for Sony, just do it from the US via the net. Unfortunately, despite recent proclamations of their broadband and networking future, Sony is very backward when it comes to teleworking. 99% of my job could be accomplished from anywhere in the world that had a fast net connection, but of course my bosses don't see things that way. Which sucks, by the way.

15:35 GMT

Hum, why will openGL never work on my Linux box? Every time I attempt to install the drivers, GL will lock up the box. Every time. Arse.


Laters, dudes...