You walk in, find some of your friends, and stand around talking for a while. The group of you go into the cafeteria, and stand around in a circle. One of you starts to dance, and eventually you all join in. There are lots of other "circles" around, and pretty soon the concrete walls sweat. One person decides to get a drink, and takes one or two people with her. The sign for the drinks reads "50 cents each, or 2 for $1.00!" It's crappy lemonade, anyway.

You all keep dancing, and some of the people in your group go to visit other friends. A slow song comes on - you don't have a date, so you ask your friend to dance. He declines, so you dare your other friend to ask a random guy to dance. She says she will later. You sigh and watch the couples, and wish you had asked that guy from math yesterday.

One friend of yours decides to have an emotional breakdown, and goes outside to sulk in the privacy of the parking lot. Your other friend, the designated counselor of the group, follows to have a "private talk". An hour later, they return, and seem fine, but Ms. Counselor advises you to have a talk with her later.

It starts getting boring...your feet are getting tired, there's nowhere to sit, and they're running out of good songs. You think of leaving, but you know your friends would look down on you if you did. You try to look happy and have a good time, but keep checking your watch.

Another slow song comes on, the last one of the night, and you still can't get anyone to dance with you. Frustrated, you lean by the window and wait until it's over and you can leave. The song ends, you wave to your buddies, and go outside to find your mom's station wagon in the long line of waiting cars.