Now also a motion picture released in 2001 by Universal Pictures / Miramax.

Starring a fantastic Renée Zellweger as Bridget, Hugh Grant as her boss and Colin Firth as Mark Darcy. Salman Rushdie and Jeffrey Archer appears as cameos in the film. As often with British films, the supporting cast is amazing and the whole production is tight and warm. Book author Helen Fielding was involved with writing the screenplay, and I think that the film follows the book closely, without being too long or pretentious.

This is a film that never ever could have been made in the US, since it shamelessly displays and makes fun of several of the most taboo topics in American society; sexual relations at work and body issues - Renée runs around shamelessly showing most parts of her body in a non-flattering way whilst being not at all shaped like Gwyneth Paltrow or Julia Roberts.

One interesting thing is the choice of Colin Firth as Darcy; not only does he play Mr. Darcy in the film Pride and Prejudice, upon which the Bridget story is loosely based. The Mr Darcy character that Colin played is the model for Mr Darcy in the Bridget books... The "real" Colin Firth also appears in the book sequel, Bridget Jones The Edge Of Reason so how will they solve this for the surely upcoming film sequel ? Will someone else play Colin Firth in the film, since he likely will be playing Mr. Darcy ?

Oh, and Renée is from Texas. She worked hard on the British accent.